ERC Mission Statement:
We believe that God has called the people of Ebenezer to know Him and make Him known.
ERC Ministry Purpose:
We believe that God has called Ebenezer Reformed Church to:
- Worship Him in spirit and truth,
- Make Christ known through evangelism and missions,
- Do and encourage acts of mercy within the church, the community of central Iowa, and throughout the world,
- Urge and encourage each other to greater acts of love and service.
- Christ centered- We exist to glorify the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus is God incarnate. He not only rules and reigns over all things, He is ERC’s Leader and Savior.
Submission to Biblical Authority: We are committed to the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the inspired and inerrant Word of God and as the only infallible authority for faith and life.
Reformed and Confessional: We are committed to the systems of doctrines set forth in Heidelberg Catechism, the Belgic Confession, and the Canons of Dort
Worship- We are committed to gathering together as a body of believers to worship the Triune God who has saved us while seeking to worship Him as He has commanded.
A Biblical World View: We will strive to equip the church with the tools necessary to cultivate a Christian world view rooted in the Word of God.
Changed People- We believe we grow as Christians through community so we encourage one another to take radical faith steps for God as we apply the Word of God through obedience by the Power of the Spirit in us.
Witness- We seek to bear witness to the Supremacy of Christ over all things by the way we live and serve our families, our neighborhoods, and to the rest of the world.